- Parent and grandparent of past and present CBE students.
- Resident of Ward 11, along with husband Rob, for the past 28 years.
- Experienced leader in community building and engagement.
- Passionate about public education, community and student success.
- Past experience with CBE school board, community advocacy and work in Mayor Nenshi's Office.
- Community Relations Coordinator in Mayor Nenshi's Office for the past 10 years, focused on strategies related to education, civic engagement, mental health and addiction, and poverty. Also supported Youth Central's Mayor's Youth Council.
- Team Nenshi Volunteer Coordinator for all three of Mayor Nenshi's municipal election campaigns.
- CBE Public School Board 1999-2007.
- Previous involvement in children's schools and volunteered as School Council Chair at Chinook Park School, Executive member on the Calgary Council of Home and School Association and the grassroots advocacy group SPEAK (Support Public Education - Act for Kids).
- Volunteer efforts have focused on the importance of public education, the arts, and building community through voter engagement initiatives. Board Governor on EducationMatters, since 2008, the CBE's foundation that engages our community to donate and support student success.
Do you like this page?